Tuesday 14 June 2011

Not a great start to the week

I'm not a frequent blogger - as you may have noticed! But I've been meaning to use this as a place to get some of my thoughts out of my head and down onto paper ... well ... the technological equivalent at least!

Monday morning started really well - hopeful about a recent second interview, a nice buzz from lovely customers in the shop, even the sun had come out!

By 3.30 I'd had my handbag stolen with all the annoying stuff that entails - cancel bank, credit, oyster cards (talking to each of those customer service departments was lovely and easy ... even if none of them will arrive back with me for about a week ..) my statement taken by a lovely policewoman; quite satisfying to realise how good my short term memory is.

6.30 I was waiting for my friend with spare keys so the locksmith could just swap the locsks out, so much easier than having to have them drilled out!

This wasn't a great day ... then I checked the spam box for my email - and tucked away in there is the rejection notice for a job I'd really felt I was a good match for and that I could have made a real difference for the company.

As someone who fundamentally looks for the good (habit, not some ghastly belief process) I will admit that these circumstances meant that I have now had proper conversations with both my upstairs and downstairs neighbours – the first in eleven years – which can only be a good thing.

But I really don’t think that much good is going to come from losing my handbag. My key ring was one I’d bought in Tiffany’s in New York fifteen years ago when I’d first made the decision to look for somewhere to live in London – I wanted my keys on a special key ring. My purse was a fantastic bargain from Liberty’s the sort that is a proper bargain because it’s actually an item that I adored and others coveted, not just something cheap and in the sale bin.

I won't list everything, I had to do that for the police. But I will say I'm upset. Really upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment